Any regrets?

MISS_YADIRA
on 10/24/10 1:23 am
NONE! I am very happy with it. Since my surgery 10 months ago i have lost almost 100 lbs. I am less than 20 lbs from my goal. I was a volume eater and the band has helped with that. I now have a live a completely different life style. I eat healthy and i excercise regularly. Yadira

For me:  band + healthy eating + excerise = wgt loss = HEALTHY!

My starting weight back in May 2009 when i started getting reading for my surgery was 296-298 lbs. The friday before surgery my weight was 264lbs.

tbines401
on 10/24/10 10:53 pm - Columbia, SC
NONE!!!!! Even when I screw up and the weight loss stops for a second to look back from where I came from on my journey no I have no regrets. I have learned this is just with me that if I dont respect my band I will not get any results I can't expect it to do all the work for me while I sit in the back sit and take a ride. This is my life so I must Drive. I am so happy. I am not at goal byt I am very very close. I have not updated my clicker but I am very close to being 100 down and even though it was slower than some I am doing it and I love it.

MaMa_M
on 10/25/10 9:10 pm - MI
No regrets here! I am 13 months out from surgery and I have lost 81 lbs, am off all blood pressure meds, I no longer am in danger of getting high surgar. I feel great...I have a whole new wardrobe and get compliments from friends and family about how great I look. I feel good about myself and that hasn't happened and a very long time.
MaMa M

soontobesexi_lexi
on 10/25/10 11:03 pm
NONE!!  Like a previous post...It takes alot of your own will power, but that is what I love about it!  I still wanted to feel like I had worked for my new body and that I deserved the weight loss.  The band doesn't do all the work for you, but IT DOES HELP YOU!!  I've lost on average 2 lbs. a week since my surgery and I've never felt better.   Everyone is different, only you know your habits, and your doctor will help you decide which surgery will work for you. Good luck whichever way you decide!
dvolumptious1
on 10/30/10 9:59 pm
I really don't know that much about the sleeve but either way the band has been a treasure mentally. I can't really say that it helps me physically most of the time, but mentally it helps me because it holds me accountable.

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

WASaBubbleButt
on 11/2/10 11:26 pm - Mexico
I regret the heck out of it. It caused permanent esophageal damage and I will deal with that for the rest of my life.

The band provides the slowest weight loss, the least weight loss, the highest regain, and the most complications.

Pay attention to those that have had the band long enough to experience the complications. Everyone loves it the first year. But then the love for the band begins to fade.

Sleeves are the safest surgery LONG term with far better stats.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active